A summary of Cheltenham 2018 matched betting offers.
The Cheltenham Festival is one of the major horse racing festivals in the UK. The festival is often the most profitable four days of the year in matched betting.
The 2018 Cheltenham Festival runs from Tuesday 13 March to Friday 16 March 2018, finishing with the Cheltenham Gold Cup day on Friday afternoon.
Cheltenham Festival 2018 schedule
The Festival has seven races on each of the four days, including such Grade 1 races as the Champion Hurdle on day 1, the Queen Mother Champion Chase on Day 2, the World Hurdle on day 3, and the Cheltenham Gold Cup on Friday.
Millions of bettors will bet online, at the race track, and in betting shops. This means that the bookies are trying to grab their share of the market, which translates into plentiful offers for matched bettors.
The schedule of races for the Cheltenham Festival 2018 is as follows:
DAY ONE – Tuesday 13 March 2018 (Champion Day)
- 13.30 Supreme Novices Hurdle
- 14.10 Arkle Novice Chase
- 14.50 Ultima Handicap Chase
- 15.30 Champion Hurdle
- 16.10 Mares ‘Hurdle Race
- 16.50 National Hunt Chase
- 17.30 Close Brothers Novices’ Handicap Chase
DAY TWO – Wednesday 14 March 2018 (Ladies Day)
- 13.30 Ballymore Novices Hurdle
- 14.10 RSA Chase
- 14.50 Coral Cup
- 15.30 Queen Mother Champion Chase
- 16.10 Cross Country Chase
- 16.50 Fred Winter Handicap Hurdle
- 17.30 Champion Bumper
DAY THREE – Thursday 15 March 2018 (St. Patrick’s Day)
- 13.30 JLT Novices Chase
- 14.10 Pertemps Final Hurdle
- 14.50 Ryanair Chase
- 15.30 Stayers Hurdle
- 16.10 Brown Advisory Plate
- 16.50 Mares Novices Hurdle
- 17.30 Kim Muir Handicap Chase
DAY FOUR – Friday 16 March 2018 (Gold Cup Day)
- 13.30 Triumph Hurdle
- 14.10 County Hurdle
- 14.50 Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle
- 15.30 Cheltenham Gold Cup
- 16.10 Foxhunter Steeple Chase
- 16.50 Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys Hurdle
- 17.30 Grand Annual Chase
What offers can you expect?
Across the four days of the festival, look out for some great offers:
- Offers from loads of bookies and larger bet limits.
- ITV Racing offers – such as Betfair sportsbook 3/1 winner and Bet365 4/1 winner.
- Extra place offers – 5 places on the big handicap races. Also, 1/4 the odds 3 places at certain bookies on races such as the Champion Hurdle.
- Price boosts online.
- Enhanced odds in shops – Betfred, Coral, Ladbrokes, Paddy Power, and William Hill. Also, look out for local independent betting shops that may have tailored offers.
- Each-way arbing opportunities.
- Advantage play opportunities – price boosts, enhanced multiples.
- Newspaper vouchers for free bets: £1 free bet for Ladbrokes shops each day in the Daily Mirror/Daily Record.
It can be useful to prepare for the Cheltenham Festival 2018 with some of the following techniques:
- Mug/cover betting on accounts to build up a profile, rather than just taking offers all the time.
- See our horse racing guides to learn about each-way betting, extra place offers, and rule 4.
- Record keeping to keep track of offers and free bets due.
- Remember that exchanges will combine liabilities when you lay different horses in a race. This will reduce the amount of float needed at the exchange.
Cheltenham 2018 offers
Here’s a summary of Cheltenham 2018 matched betting offers. Please check the terms and conditions for each bookmaker offer.
- Betfred – 0900-0915 hrs Pricewise boosts online and in shops. Also, Fred’s Pushes each day 1030-1100 hrs and 1200-1330 hrs online and in shops.
- ComeOn – Enhanced specials.
- Corbettsports – Daily enhanced multiples
- Dafabet – Enhanced doubles.
- JoeJennings Telebet – Daily WhatsApp boosts at 1000 hrs.
- StarSports – Enhanced specials.
- William Hill – 4 daily Happy Hour boosts between 1200-1300hrs (1200-1215, 1215-1230, 1230-1245 and 1245-1300). Also, Boosted Odds available on every race of the festival.
BETFAIR EXCHANGE – All Cheltenham races: 0% commission on the day of race markets for all Cheltenham races (invite-only offer).
Best Cheltenham offers
10BET – 4 different offers (opt-in every day to all promotions before placing qualifying bets. 10bet free bet max odds 8.0.
- Place five £10 qualifying bets at odds of 1.2, get a £5 free bet every day of Cheltenham.
- Refund as a free bet if 2nd to SP favourite (up to £10), minimum 4 runners.
- Faller insurance (up to £10).
- ACCA insurance on 4-folds (up to £20), minimum odds 1.4 per leg.
BOOKEE – Place 3 x £10 bets at minimum odds of 1.8, the 3rd bet is risk-free. (invite only offer).
BOYLEPSORTS – All Cheltenham races: Refund as a free bet (up to £20) if horse finishes 2nd or 3rd to the SP favourite. (2nd applies to 5+ runner races, 2nd or 3rd applies to 8+ runners).
MATCHBOOK – 10% bonus on winnings every race up to £70 on day one.
MINTBET – All Cheltenham races: Refund as a free bet (up to £20) if horse finishes 2nd beaten by a length or less.
MYCLUBBETTING – ALL CHELTENHAM RACES 4 offers:
Three separate “refund if” promotions. Refunds as a free bet up to £30 per race.
- If 2nd to SP favourite on the 13.30 race.
- 2nd to winner at SP 16/1 or greater.
- The horse falls at the last hurdle/fence.
Myclubbetting have a fourth offer! Back a horse, if it leads throughout the race and wins, you’ll receive a 20% price boost as a free bet (up to £30).
PADDY POWER – All day one races: Refund as a free bet (up to £10) if horse finishes 2nd to the SP favourite.
Free bet if winner
21BET – All Cheltenham races: Place a £5 qualifying bet on any Cheltenham race, and if it wins, get an additional free bet. (1 winner = £1, 2 winners = £3, 3 winners = £5, 4 winners = £15, 5 winners = £25, 6 winners = £50, 7 winners = £250, or bet on ALL 7 races and 0 winners = £5).
BET365 – ITV racing 4/1 offer: if you back a winner at odds of 4/1 (5.0) or higher, you’ll have a risk-free bet on the next ITV race (up to £50). Also, at 0830 hrs Pricewise price boosts (check the Racing Post newspaper).
BETFAIR SPORTSBOOK – ITV racing 3/1 SP offer: if you back a winner at SP odds of 3/1 or higher, you’ll receive a free bet (up to £25).
LADBROKES – Double winnings as a free bet (up to £50) if horse wins the Supreme Novices Hurdle (Tuesday 13.30).
WILLIAM HILL – Double winnings to £100 Supreme Novices Hurdle (Tuesday 13.30). High 5 15% bonus on winnings to £100 (bonus as a free bet).
WILSONBET – All Cheltenham races: If you back a winner at SP odds of 4/1 (5.0) or higher, you’ll receive a free bet (up to £25).
Refund if lose
188BET – 10% refund as a free bet (up to £100) on net losses on day one.
32RED – Opt-in first. Refund as a free bet (to £10) if your horse does not win the Tuesday 13.30 race. the £10 free bet must be used on the Wednesday 13.30 race. (invite-only offer).
BETWAY – Refund as a free bet (£2-10) if horses loses in the 13.30 and 17.30 races each day.
CORAL – Refund as a free bet (£1-25) if your horse loses in the Supreme Novices Hurdles (Tuesday 13.30).
GENTINGBET – Refund as a free bet on first losing bet (£20+ on day one). Also, refund as a free bet on exact stakes of £10 win or £10 each-way on the 15.30 race on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
SKYBET – Refund as a free bet (up to £20) if horse loses the first race (13.30) each day.
Refund if 2nd
JENNINGSBET – Refund as a free bet (£5-25) if 2nd on one race each day – Tuesday 14.50, Wednesday 14.50, Thursday 14.10, Friday 14.10.
UNIBET – Stake £20 exactly, refund as cash if 2nd on two selected races each day: Tuesday 14.50 and 17.30, Wednesday 14.50 and 16.50, Thursday 14.10 and 16.10, Friday 14.10 and 17.30.
Refund if 2nd or 3rd
BETFRED – Tuesday: Refund as a free bet (up to £10) if 2nd or 3rd in 17.30 race.
NETBET – Refund as a free bet (up to £20) if your horse finishes 2nd or 3rd in 13.30 race each day.
SPORTNATION – Opt-in first. Refund as a bonus (up to £50) if 2nd or 3rd in the 13.30 race each day. The bonus wagering requirement is 1x at odds of 1.0. (invite-only offer).
Extra place offers (enhanced terms)
GEOFF BANKS – 1/4 the odds each-way on all races. Extra place races: including 6 places on the Coral Cup (14.50 Wed), Pertemps Hurdle (14.10 Thurs) and County Hurdle (14.10 Fri).
JOEJENNINGS TELEBET – 5 places at 1/4 the odds each-way on one race each day.
WILSONBET – Extra place races every day: 5 places each-way at 1/4 the odds – Ultima Handicap Chase (Tue 14.10), Coral Cup (Wed 14.50), Pertemps Handicap Hurdle (Thu 14.10), County Hurdle (Fri 14.10) and Grand Annual Chase (Fri 17.30).
Cheltenham Faller Insurance
These bookmakers are offering refund if your horse falls:
888SPORT – Faller insurance (£5-25).
BETMCLEAN – Faller insurance (up to £25) on all day one races.
BETSTARS – Faller insurance (up to £25).
BOYLESPORTS – Refund as a free bet (up to £20) if horse falls at the first or last jump.
BRUCEBETTING – Faller insurance (up to £25) on all Cheltenham races.
BWIN – Faller insurance (£5-25).
CORAL – Faller insurance on all races (£1-25).
JOJENNINGS TELEBET – Faller insurance (up to £25).
SPORTING BET – On all Cheltenham races: Opt-in first. Refund as a free bet (£5-25) if the horse falls.
Cheltenham Festival strategies
For several offers, simply back and lay, then hope that the free bet triggers. This is true for refund if 2nd to SP favourite, faller insurance, Best Odds Guaranteed
Extra places: Back a horse each-way at the bookmaker, then place 2 lay bets at the exchange – lay “to win” and also lay “to place”, then hope that your horse finishes in the extra place.
Bet365 4/1 winner offer: Back and lay a horse at minimum odds of 4/1 (5.0), then if your horse wins use your own money to place a bet on the next ITV race, but lay as if Stake Not Returned.
Finally, use Sporting Life ‘fast results’ to check all of your Cheltenham matched betting 2018 results.