Welcome to this Cheltenham festival review 2019. The 2019 festival was memorable on so many levels. Let’s review the matched betting highlights of Cheltenham 2019.
Betting shop boosts
With the imminent fixed odds betting terminal restrictions, the bookies were keen to tempt customers back in store.
William Hill delivered some crackers during lunchtime Flash Odds (12-1pm) including:
- Altior to win the Champion Chase @ 4/5 (max Â£50)
- Band of Outlaws to win the Fred Winter (Wed 4.50) @ 7/1 (max Â£10)
Hills weren’t the only bookie to take a pasting.
Betfred got hammered on some standout price pushes:
- Defi Du Seuil to win JLT Novices Chase (Thursday 1.30) @ 7/2
- Paisley Park to win the Stayers Hurdle (Thursday 3.30) @ 2/1
- Envoi Allen to win the Champion Bumper (Wednesday 5.30) @ 11/2
Ladbrokes released two price boosts each day from 1200-1215pm and 1230-1245pm for a maximum Â£25 stake.
Paddy Power money back offer if X horse wins offer triggered on Altior, Paisley Park, and Defi Du Seuil.
Best Odds Guaranteed
Some race winners were big drifters in the betting markets. This resulted in some good BOG profit for matched bettors.
I triggered BOG twice at Betfred shops: Roksana was available at 9/1 from 0900-0915 hrs. The horse won at BOG of 10/1.
Also, Chtibello won the County Hurdle (Friday 2.10) 9/1 at 9am to 12/1 SP for a 3-point BOG from an early price of 9/1.
Extra place offers are increasingly difficult to hit with the shift to 1/5 the odds each-way.
However, some of the best opportunities were:
- Tuesday 2.10: Flying Angel at 50/1 early price finished 5th in the Ultima Handicap.
- Thursday 2.10: A Toi Phil landed 5th in the Pertemps Hurdle.
- Friday 2.10: Lisp finished 5th place in the County Hurdle.
All three of the above horses were available at 1/4 each-way with Betfred at good prices.
Friday’s Martin Pipe Hurdle (Friday 5.30) capped a great week as Coolanly finished in 5th place to land the extra place payout.
Topofthegame won the RSA Chase (Tuesday 2.10). I was on at Grosvenor Sports double the odds for Â£25 stake.
Bethard double winnings on the first race each day – Defi Du Seuil won.
The Racing Post Pricewise column had some juicy price enhancements in Betfred shops from 0900-0915 hrs each day, including some tasty Best Odds Guaranteed:
- Friday 5.30: Early Doors @7/1 (6.2 lay) WON
- Friday 4.50: Bun Duran @ 16/1 each way finished second
- Friday 3.30: Al Boum Photo @ 20/1 WON
- Tuesday 4.10: Roksana @ 9/1 (9.2 lay) WON. 10/1 BOG
Cheltenham 2019 was such a busy four day period. This just shows the potential of matched betting on the big horse racing festivals.
I hope you enjoyed this Cheltenham matched betting review 2019 – the first major horse racing festival of the year.