Welcome to the Grand National matched betting guide.
The Grand National is the biggest horse race in the betting calendar.
40 horses will compete over the gruelling Aintree fences. Let’s take a look at matched betting on the Grand National.
When placing an each-way bet your stake is divided into two separate halves:
- To win the race,
- And to finish in the places, i.e. the top 3 or 4 in the race. However, for the Grand National, several bookies will pay out on the top 5 or 6 places.
Paddy Power, William Hill, and many other bookmakers will all pay 6 places at 1/5 the odds each way.
You can back a horse each way with the bookmaker, then place two separate lay bets at the betting exchange. Firstly, lay ‘to win’. Then, lay ‘to place’.
You are hoping that your horse finishes either 5th or 6th to win the place part of your bet at both the bookmaker and the exchange. See Horse racing extra place offers for full details of this strategy.
Alternatively, place a value each-way no lay bet. OddsMonkey Each-way Matcher can help you to identify good value each-way bets.
Bet365 Grand National money back offer
Money back (as cash) up to Â£125 for each way singles place on the Grand National 2019.
Offer available from Thursday 4th April 2019 until 1159 hrs UK time on Saturday 6th April 2019.
- Add your Grand National selections to the betting slip
- Tick the E/W box and enter your stake for each selection. The total stake will be double your unit stake, so Â£1 each way is Â£2 total stake.
- Half of your total stake is refunded for each selection.
This offer is only available to eligible bet365 customers who opened their account before Thursday 4th April 2019
ITV racing offers
The main promotions here:
- Bet365 4/1 offer: Bet365 offer a risk-free bet on the next ITV race if you back a winner at 4/1 or more.
- Betfair Sportsbook 3/1+ SP offer: Betfair offers a free bet up to Â£25 if you back a winner at SP of 3/1 or higher.
The key is to find a close odds match. Then, hope your horse wins to trigger the free bet.
- Opt-in to the offer at Netbet
- Then, place up to a Â£10 win or each-way bet on any Aintree race on Saturday 6th April 2019.
- Get a refund matching your stake if your horse falls, unseats the jockey or is brought down in the race.
Best Odds Guaranteed
Find a horse with close back and lay odds such as 5.00/5.00.
Place a back bet on a horse at the bookmaker. Then place a matching lay bet at the exchange. Hope the SP drifts and your horse wins for an extra payout.
Well, that’s all folks. All the best with your Grand National matched betting.
See The Jockey Club website for full details and updates on the Grand National.