This article shows you how to profit from the 2up offer. Let’s discover the best 2up matched betting strategy.
This promotion offers the potential for massive profits using simple matched betting techniques.
What is the 2up offer? (Early Payout)
2up matched betting is simple.
Find a close match between the bookie and exchange odds, then back and lay your selection.
The screenshot below shows possible Bet365 2up selections.
Comparing the odds, Napoli is the closest back/lay odds match at 1.45 on Bet365 and 1.46 to lay on Betfair.
Lazio is also ok at 1.36/1.38.
It’s important to find an arb or a close odds match (e.g. 2.0/2.0). Minimise your qualifying bet losses because the 2up offer will rarely trigger. Yet, when it does trigger the profits are big!
If your team goes two goals up (i.e. 2-0, 3-1, 4-2), the bookie will pay out as a winner – even if your selection doesn’t win.
Dutching is as an alternative to backing and laying.
Back all three possible outcomes at different bookmakers. Use the Trickybet 3-way dutching calculator to work out the correct bet stakes.
For example, Everton versus Man Utd, assuming a £10 stake on Everton:
Stake £10 on Everton @ 5.75 (Bet365)
Place a £15.25 bet on the draw @ 3.75 (Betfred)
Also, stake £32.00 on Man Utd at 1.8 (Betsafe)
Regardless of the result, the maximum loss is £0.06 if the match result is a draw.
Dutching between bookies avoids paying exchange commission. Including Bet365 and Paddy Power in your dutch bet will qualify for 2up at two bookies.
Back, lay and hope
A popular strategy is to back and lay a team, then wait to see if 2up triggers.
Imagine an England versus Germany football match.
a). Back England at the bookmaker
a). Lay England at the exchange
- England go 2-0 up and the bookie settles your bet as a winner a few minutes later.
- Then, Germany score 2 goals and the match ends as a 2-2 draw.
In this match, the bookie pays out when England go 2-0 ahead, but your exchange bet also wins.
Both the back and lay sides of your matched bet won for a good profit.
Back, lay and wait to trade out
Other matched bettors prefer to take an active role in their 2up bets. Back and lay as normal.
- If your team goes 2-0 up, the bookie pays out early.
- If the opposition scores to make it 2-1, use Betfair Cash Out or Smarkets Trade Out to lock-in profit. This works by cashing out a percentage of your back bet value.
- Click the relevant button “Cash Out” (Betfair) or “To” (Smarkets).
The exchange automatically calculates a back bet based on the current odds, which trades against your existing lay bet. The Trade Out or Cash Out feature offers the same locked-in profit regardless of the match result. But, by using these features you do sacrifice the chance of a larger payout.
Also, please remember that the exchange trade out features include all your exchange bets on that match.
Example of a 2up trade out
In the 2017-2018 season, Watford away to Everton were at pre-match odds of 2.90. By half-time, Watford had gone 2-0 up.
Therefore, you could have cashed out Watford at the exchange for a guaranteed smaller profit than the back, lay and hope strategy.
In this particular match Everton won 3-2.
Key points for 2up
It is important to meet the qualifying criteria before placing your matched bets for 2up. These are the key terms for each 2up offer with different bookmakers:
Bet365 2up offer is “2 Goal Ahead Early Payout Offer”.
Here are the key terms:
- a). Invite only: Check the offers/promotions screen when logged in.
- b). Eligible competitions: English Premier League, Championship, FA Cup and EFL Cup. Also, German Bundesliga, Italian Serie A, Spanish La Liga, UEFA Champions League and Europa League.
- c). The offer does not apply if you cash out your bet at Bet365.
Paddy Power 2up
Paddy Power were the pioneers of the 2 Up offer with their “2up You Win” promotion. The key points are as follows:
- Available on English Premier League, Spanish La Liga and Champions League matches
Paddy Power 2up is also available on Paddy in-shop self-service betting terminals
Do not lay your Paddy Power 2up bets at Betfair exchange. This will help to avoid a Paddy Power gubbing.
Betfred shop 2clearandcollect
“2clearandcollect” coupon is available in Betfred betting shops. Look for midweek and weekend versions.
Here are the key points for 2clearandcollect:
- It’s a printed betting shop coupon with the same offer in principle as Bet365 2up and Paddy Power 2up.
- The coupon shows fractional odds. To convert from fractions to decimal, i.e. for 6/4: take 6, divide by 4, plus 1, equals 2.5.
Betfred 2clearnandcollect odds are often worse than online bookies. But it’s worth checking one hour before kick-off when the exchange lay odds move around. You might find arbs or good back/lay odds.
The 2up offer is a fantastic matched betting opportunity. Minimise your qualifying losses, then the profit potential is huge.
In the 2017-2018 season, 2up triggered on many matches including:
Bet365 – Wigan (4.20/4.20) vs. Bournemouth, Liverpool (2.75/2.8) vs. Arsenal.
Betfred 2clearandcollect – various matches involving Livingston (1.61/1.6), Bayern Munich (1.5/1.5).
The 2up offer is so popular that the bookies have expanded into different sports, 2up betting is now offered on other sports such as Bet365 2up darts and NFL 14up.