Paddy Power horse refund offer
Paddy Power will refund your stake as a free bet if a selected horse wins a race.
Check the promotions page of Paddy Power website for details. Or see Paddy Power Onside. This offer is typically on high-profile festival races or a big Saturday ITV race.
The refund if ‘horse X’ wins promotion is usually available online and in Paddy Power shops.
- The offer applies to selected races only.
- Max free bet £10 per customer per race online. May be up to £20 in shops.
- Minimum 5 runners (often more) – check the terms online or in-shop.
- Applies to your first pre-race bet on the race. Singles only.
The two main matched betting techniques are discussed below.
Method #1 – Back a horse and hope
- Bet up to £10 on a horse other than the specified horse.
- Place a matching lay bet at the exchange.
This simple back and lay technique relies on the refund trigger to happen. You are not attempting to lock in any profit with method #1.
Method # 2 – Lock in
- Choose any horse other than the specified horse. Then calculate your ideal lay stake.
- Place a bet of up to £10 on your horse.
- Place a matching lay bet on your horse at the betting exchange.
- Lay the amount of your qualifying loss on the Paddy Power trigger horse
There are 2 possible outcomes:
- If the Paddy trigger horse wins: you receive a £10 free bet. Using method #1 (bet and hope) you can make around £7 profit. Using method #2 (lock in) would give around £2 net profit.
- If the Paddy trigger horse doesn’t win: using method #1 you do not receive a free bet and may have incurred a small qualifying loss. With method #2 you are likely to have locked in a tiny profit.
The key aspect is that you can make this offer risk free if you choose. More experienced matched bettors