Saturday ITV racing
Saturday ITV racing is great for matched betting. You’ll find plenty of offers on live ITV races.
See the Beginner guide to horse racing for newcomers to horse racing offers.
You can complete a few offers if time is lacking. Alternatively, you might dedicate a few hours on Saturday mornings and afternoons.
The ITV races usually start after 1300hrs until around 1630hrs. Expect between 5 to 9 ITV races every Saturday.
Let’s look at some ITV racing matched betting offers.
Free bet if horse wins
Bet365 – if your horse wins at odds of 4/1 (5.00) or higher, get a risk-free bet of the same stake value on the next ITV race. You place a qualifying bet as usual. If you hit a 4/1 winner, use your own cash on the next ITV race (treat as a high odds Stake Not Returned bet). If your horse loses, Bet365 refund as cash.
Betfair Sportsbook – Back a winner at starting price of 3/1 (4.00) and above. Get a free bet up to £25 stake.
Free Bet if horse finishes 2nd or 3rd
Skybet – if your horse finishes 2nd or 3rd in the first ITV race of the day, Skybet will refund your stake as a free bet (up to £20).
Free bet if horse wins by X lengths
William Hill previously ran two variants of an offer if your horse wins by a specified number of lengths.
- “2 Clear“ – if your horse wins by 2 lengths, get a free bet to 15% of your winnings (up to £100).
- “High 5“ – if your horse wins by 5 lengths, get a free bet to 15% of your winnings (up to £100).
Look for a race with a strong favourite available at close back and lay odds.
Several bookie offer a refund as a free bet if your horse finishes 2nd to the SP favourite. This kind of offer is in a constant state of flux, so please check the terms at each individual bookmaker. Also, see my guide to money back if 2nd to SP favourite.
During the flat racing season (spring to summer), several bookies offer refund as a free bet if your horse finishes second by a head/neck/length.
The jump racing season includes refund as a free bet if your horse falls (faller insurance).
Useful pointers for Saturday ITV racing matched betting:
- Complete several horse racing offers for different refund triggers. This will maximise your chances of gaining free bet refunds.
- Go for lower odds horses – you’ll need less liability at the exchange.
- Keep qualifying bet losses to a minimum.
- Horse racing odds change fast, so leave plenty of time to place qualifying bets and do not matched bet too close to the start of a race.
- Double check that your are laying the same horse you backed. Horses often have similar names.
- Check there is enough liquidity at the exchange for the amount you need to lay bet.
- Mug bet in additions to offers, i.e. back and lay horses on races that are not part of a promotion.
- Check results on fast results at Sportinglife.com – where you can also check winning distances.