This is a Saturday ITV racing matched betting guide. Including offers and useful hints for live ITV races.
See the beginner horse racing guide for an introduction to racing offers.
You can complete a few offers if time is lacking. Or, spend a few hours on Saturday mornings and afternoons.
Saturday ITV racing shows five to nine races between 1300hrs and 1630hrs every week.
Matched betting offers
Let’s look at some ITV racing matched betting offers.
Free bet if horse wins
On televised Saturday ITV racing and selected feature races.
If your horse wins at odds of 4/1 (5.0) or higher, receive a risk-free bet on the next ITV race.
- Place a qualifying bet as usual.
- If you hit a 4/1 winner…
- Use your own cash on the next ITV race (treat as high odds Stake Not Returned bet).
- If your horse loses, Bet365 refund your stake as cash.
Betfair Sportsbook – Back a winner at starting price of 3/1 (4.0) and above. You’ll then receive a free bet up to Â£25 stake.
Free Bet if horse finishes 2nd or 3rd
Skybet – if your horse finishes 2nd or 3rd in the first ITV race of the day, Skybet will refund your stake as a free bet (up to Â£20).
Free bet if horse wins by X lengths
William Hill used to have two offers if your horse wins by a specific number of lengths:
- “2 Clear“ – if your horse wins by 2 lengths, get a free bet to 15% of your winnings (up to Â£100).
- “High 5“ – if your horse wins by 5 lengths, get a free bet to 15% of your winnings (up to Â£100).
Look for a race with a strong favourite at close back and lay odds.
Refund if your horse finishes 2nd to the SP favourite is a popular offer. Please check the terms at each bookmaker. Also, see money back if 2nd to SP favourite.
The flat racing season (spring to summer) brings several bookie offers. For example, a refund (as a free bet) if a horse finishes second by a head/neck/length.
The jump racing season includes refund as a free bet if your horse falls (faller insurance).
Useful tips for Saturday ITV racing matched betting:
- Do the different refund triggers. Maximise your chances of gaining free bet refunds.
- Go for lower odds horses – you’ll need less liability at the exchange.
- Minimise your qualifying bet losses.
- Horse racing odds change fast. Leave plenty of time to place your qualifying Avoid matched betting near to the start of a race.
- Double-check that you’re backing and laying the same horse. Horses often have similar names.
- Check there is enough liquidity at the exchange for the amount you need to lay bet.
- Mug bet in additions to offers, i.e. back and lay horses on races that are not part of a promotion.
Check the results at Sportinglife.com – where you can also check winning distances.